Using the Metis Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Analyze query performance.
- View the schema. Detect problems and violations of best practices
- Connect to an AWS RDS to view its configuration and performance
- Connect to an AWS RDS to view the query log
The current version of the Metis CLI supports only Postgres 12 or higher. MySQL 8 support is coming soon.
Metis CLI was built by developers for developers. To provide a great DX the CLI has:
- Autocomplete - So you won't need to remember the commands and their parameters
- Built-in help. Run
doc(command-name)to see a detailed explanation, with examples, of how to use each command.
- Colors and text boxes for easy reading.
- Seamless integration with the web app for a deeper analysis and great visualization.
The CLI can work in two modes: 1. A classic single-line CLI command 2. An interactive CLI
The single-line CLI was built for automation, a single command contains all the necessary information to execute. While the interactive mode allows the user to explore the data.